|If you are interested in getting the full
electronic versions of the photos that are published in the
travelogue, please read the instructions below.
Every photo is placed in two formats on the pages, a small one
with medium quality and a medium size with high quality that you see
when you click the small one. The full size, high quality photos use
too much space to publish online. But you can request those photos
to me. This is what you must do.
- Click here to generate an empty e-mail (or make a new e-mail
yourself) to me with the subject 'photo request'.
- Please write down the names of the photos you'd like to
have. There are two ways to determine the name of the photo
you need the name of:
- 'Hover' with your mouse above a small photo. In the
'tooltip' text (see figure 1) the name of the photo
and its size are displayed. Write down the name of
the photo (xxxx.jpg) in the e-mail.
- Click the small photo to view the large one. In the
'Address' bar of your browser the full path to the
photo AND the name of the photo are displayed. The
name of the photo is the last part after the last
'\' sign (see figure 2). Write down the name of the
photo in the e-mail.
- Send the e-mail to me, having a list of the photo names you
request. I will send the photos to you by e-mail.
There are three things that you must know about the photos:
- The full versions of those photos vary in size from 600kb to
800kb a piece. Please keep in mind that the e-mail I send
you can be rather large in size when you request a lot of
photos. I will send more smaller e-mails in that case but be
prepared for some large e-mails that can take a while to
- Most photos are taken with a digital camera. Other photos
are taken with a conventional camera and scanned afterwards.
The names of the conventional photos all begin with 'c-'
(the c of conventional).
- A few photos are taken by Vincent LeComte. The names of
these photos start with 'v-' (v of Vincent). I will ask his
permission before sending the full versions.